We expect the event to bring thousands of people daily to the temple, which, due to its location and tight physical layout, will create challenges for attendees. LeSueur will be closed to traffic between Main Street and First Avenue. Traffic on LeSueur between First and Second avenues will be restricted to southbound travel only. Please note: Parking on LeSueur will be prohibited.
The following are options for arriving at the Open House and suggestions for making this hassle-free as possible:
- Light Rail: Strongly suggested! You may take the Valley Metro Light Rail from any station on the system to the Mesa Dr/Main St Mesa Temple station. Closest to the temple, free parking for light rail is available at Park and Ride lots at Gilbert Road/Main St to the east and Sycamore (Dobson)/Main St or the Loop 101/Apache Blvd stations to the west. You can purchase fares from ticket vending machines located at the train stations or at Circle K stores. Buy a full-day fare, which costs $4 for adults, to provide round trips on the rail. (Children 6-18 are $2; ages 5 and under are free).
- Driving: Parking will be limited and traffic around the temple will be restricted. Parking will be available at a few designated lots as shown on the map below. On-street parking will also be available. The following are options for parking:
- Primary Parking Lot: Highly recommended at Mesa Drive/Main St Park and Ride. This lot is accessible from Mesa Drive, Main Street (west bound), and LeSueur (Pioneer Park).
- Secondary Parking Lots: On Hobson Street, Main Street, Olive Street and 2nd Avenue, as shown on the map (see colored boxes on map.) Additional parking may be available at the church building at 525 E. 2nd Avenue, south of the temple.
- On-street parking will be available, but may be restricted or reserved for residents. If parking on the street, please obey the signage where restricted and respect the neighbors by not blocking driveways or parking in restricted or reserved areas. You could be towed if you block a driveway or park where you should not. Please don’t ruin a beautiful experience at the temple!
- Disabled Parking: Located in the parking lot south of the temple as shown on the map. Please enter the parking lot from 2nd Avenue.
- Passenger Drop-off: Primary drop-off areas will be located on Hobson, south of Main Street. Please enter from Main Street. This drop-off area is close to the Tour Entrance and will be the least congested. Additional secondary drop-off areas will be located on LeSueur near 1st Avenue. Please note that travel on LeSueur will be restricted to southbound travel only from Main Street to 2nd Avenue.
- Passenger Pick-up: This area will be located on Hobson and 1st Ave. just outside the east gate of the temple where the tour will end. There is NO passenger pick-up on LeSueur.
- Uber/Lyft: If utilizing rideshare services, please instruct the driver to utilize the Passenger Drop-off and Passenger Pickup areas on Hobson.
- Motorcoaches, buses, recreational vehicles, etc.: Park at the Mesa Drive Park and Ride or approach the temple grounds from Stapley Drive, then left on 2nd Avenue, then left on Hobson to drop off and pick up guests.